Your Pre-Move-In Check List
Preparing for your move to campus is exciting – and daunting. That’s because there’s lots to do before you arrive for your move-in day. Use this checklist to keep on top of your To-Do’s as you count down the days to the big move!
- Sign up for a move-in day time slot! The first time slot available is Sunday at 8:30 a.m., and the last is at 3 p.m. To space things out, each building has a limit to the number of student check-ins per time slot. Before signing up, make sure you know what building you are moving in to. You can double check that here.
- Apply for your UBCCard online so it’s ready when you arrive!
- If you plan on moving to campus with a car, apply for parking. Resident parking permits may be available for purchase.
- If you’d like to give others permission to contact the Housing Office on your behalf, you need to grant third-party authorization for the release of information.
- Understand what you should, can, and can’t bring with you when you move into residence. All that information can be found here.
- Have your mail forwarded to your new residence mailing address, and share it with family and friends. For mail FAQs, head here.
- Get renters insurance to protect your belongings. You may be covered under your family plan.
- Review important Residence Standards, as well as COVID-19 Residence Rules, and be prepared to live by them.
- Explore ways to get involved in Residence Life and like us on Instagram and Facebook to stay informed.
- Familiarize yourself with the move-in day process by checking in with this page here. It will continue to be updated throughout August.