Things to Do Before You Leave Home
- If you haven’t already signed up for a move-in time slot, please do so as soon as possible, as time slots are limited.
- If you have a car, apply for parking. Resident parking permits may be available for purchase.
- Have your mail forwarded to your new residence mailing address, and share it with family and friends. For mail FAQs, head here.
- Get renters insurance to protect your belongings. You may be covered under your family plan.
- Review important Residence Standards, as well as COVID-19 Residence Rules, and be prepared to live by them.
- Apply for your UBCCard online so it’s ready when you arrive!
- If you’d like to give others permission to contact the Housing Office on your behalf you can authorize the release of information.
- Explore ways to get involved in Residence Life and like us on Instagram and Facebook to stay informed.
- Know what time youâ€™re supposed to arrive, and other things to expect when moving in.