Your Pre-Move-In Check List
Preparing for your move to campus is exciting – and daunting. That’s because there’s lots to do before you arrive for your move-in day. Use this checklist to keep on top of your To-Do’s as you count down the days to the big move!
Residence offers are sent by email. Youâ€™ll have seven days to accept the offer and pay your first installment ofÂ residence fees and/or meal plan fees.
If you’d like to give others (like parents or a spouse) permission to contact the Housing Office on your behalf, you need to grant third-party authorization for the release of information.
- Familiarize yourself with the move-in day process by checking out this page. It will continue to be updated throughout August.
- Watch your inbox for your Residence Assignment (the email that informs you of your building and room).
- Apply for your UBCCard so it’s ready when you arrive
If you’re on a meal plan, you’ll need it to enter Pritchard Dining Hall!
- If you plan on moving to campus with a car, apply for parking.
- Order bedding and linens if you are not bringing these items from home (they are not provided by Student Housing).
- Familiarize yourself with our What-to-Pack checklist, which explains what you should, can, and can’t bring with you when you move in. Our packing checklist can be found here.
- Have your mail forwarded to your new residence mailing address, and share it with family and friends. For mail FAQs, head here.
- Get renters insurance to protect your belongings. You may be covered under your family plan.
- MORE INFO can be found here.