UBCO offers commuter students affordable overnight accommodation during Winter Session to support academic success and involvement in campus co-curricular activities.
Commuter Student Hostel rooms, located in Nicola Residence, are available Sunday to Thursday from mid-October to the end of April (except during the winter holiday break and stat holidays). During exam periods, hostel rooms are available seven days a week.
How to make a reservation
- Reservations are available for non-residence students enrolled at UBC.
- Reservations open in mid-October.
- Please visit the online reservation system to book your room. (Online reservations only; we are unable to make reservations by phone.)
- Same-day bookings are accepted before 9 pm. Maximum stay of two nights in a seven-day period.
- Reservations are not available for Sunday evenings that precede a holiday Monday, except during exam periods.
Shared accommodation rooms
- To book shared accommodation, you must enter one of the group codes listed below. Note that these rooms are single genderâ€”students are placed in a unit with other students who indicated the same gender identity. Please use the GROUP CODE that best reflects your gender identity. Students who identify as trans or non-binary may choose the group code they are most comfortable with or may choose to book private accommodation.
- For female gendered hostel rooms: CSHFE22
- For male gendered hostel rooms: CSHMA22
- Reserve your room online using a credit card.
- Pay for your stay with a credit card or debit card at check-in.
- Limited overnight parking is available for an additional $16 per night, including taxes.
- Parking permits are valid from 3 pm to 11 am.
- Time: Check-in is after 4 pm; checkout is at 11 am.
- Location: Check in and out at the Student Housing Front Desk in Nechako Residence.
Conduct and safety
- Guests must adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Commuter Student Hostel (CSH) Agreement.
- Check in, check out and during your stay policy and procedures. Single room, single occupancy
Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance. If you cancel less than 48 hours prior to your reservation, you will be charged for one night’s stay.