Moving to campus? Want to know the best ways to get around? You’ve come to the right place
1. To bring a car, or not to bring a car?
Some things to consider first:
2. Many necessities are just outside your door
UBCO has much of what you need here on campus. Which means you’re only steps away from …
Cafes and dining. UBCO is home to coffee shops (like Comma), franchise restaurants (like Subway and Starbucks), grab-and-go eateries like Rocket and Koi Sushi, and dining halls like Sunshine. Learn more here.
On-campus employment opportunities. There are many job opportunities for students living on UBCO campus, and which can accommodate your busy academic schedule. Check out the Job Board here.
Outdoor adventure and exercise. UBCO is nestled among rolling hills peppered with trails just outside your residence door. And in the winter you can snowshoe! You can find a map of UBCO’s trail system here. Or, check out this awesome Hiking for Newbies post.
Plus, Airport Village is also only 2 km from campus, where you’ll find…
3. Online shopping and delivery is easy peasy
Clothing, electronics, items for your room, groceries, and even hot meals are all just a click away …
- Groceries: Grocery delivery (for a small fee) is available through Save-on Foods or Walmart. Simply place your order online, choose “delivery”, and enjoy!
Student Housing offers package and delivery service. Some great places to start:
- Home goods: Looking for decor for your suite, bedding, toiletries or school supplies? Try Walmart.
- Electronics: Best Buy and Staples are both great places to start.
- Everything else: Amazon.ca is your answer!
What’s my delivery address?
Head here and scroll down to “Residence Mailing Addresses”.
4. Other ways to get around
Your student card is also a bus pass, and it‘s already paid for through your fees! The Universal Bus Pass (U-PASS) provides all UBCO students with a unlimited access to Kelowna transit. UBCO’s rapid transit route, 97, goes straight through the city – past Orchard Park Mall – into downtown. Trip planning is available here, or download the transit app!
Taxi and Ride Sharing are great ways to get around. It takes about 13 minutes to get from campus into downtown Kelowna (and less time if you are going to the mall). Split the fare with friends and enjoy hassle-free car travel! Great options include Kelowna Cabs, Checkmate Cabs, Current Taxi, Uride, and Uber.
5. Going car-free is eco-friendly!
Let’s not discount the environmental impact of curbing single-occupancy traffic, which students do when they leave their cars at home for the academic year.