About |Â FeesÂ |Â FAQs
Live on campus this summer! Make new friends with other students living at UBCO during the summer months, and stay connected with your campus community between academic semesters while making the most of all the beautiful things there are to do around Kelowna during the summer. Still need to apply? Head here.
About Summer Accommodations
- Reserved for: students with a current Winter Session Residence ContractÂ and who want to stay in residence over the summer.
- Dates: Begins at the end of the Winter Session (end of April) and ends in late August.
- Application fee: There is no application fee, and summer course registration is not required.
- Deadline to apply: April 1. Apply online.
- Reserved for: eligible students who do not currentlyÂ live in residence.
- Dates: Runs from mid-May to mid-August.
- Application fee: There is a $50 non-refundable application fee. Check if you’re eligible.
- Deadline to apply: Applications received by April 1 will be given first consideration. Apply online
- Fees: Summer Residence fees are calculated based on a daily rate. The daily rate is multiplied by the number of days that you will be staying in residence during the summer to determine your total fees.
- Meal Plan: For students in a single-connected unit, Mandatory Meal Plan fees are included in their Summer Residence rates.
- Included: Internet and utilities are included in Summer Residence rates.
- Not included: Parking, cable TV, are landline telephone are not included in Summer Residence rates.
|Due on acceptance||Housing and Meal Plan fees (if applicable) for move-in date to July 1Â (or until your specific move-out date, if earlier than July 1)|
|Due June 17||Fees for July 1 to August 20 (or for your specific duration of stay within this period, if shorter)|
|Room Type||Daily Housing Rate||Daily Meal Plan Rate||Total|
|Four Bedroom Cascades Unit||$30.50||N/A||$30.50|
|Four Bedroom Monashee Unit||$29.75||N/A||$29.75|
|One Bedroom Monashee Unit*||$42.50||N/A||$42.50|
|Single Connected Unit**||$27.75||$23.85||$51.60|
*Monashee studio suites have limited availability during summer.
**Single Connected units include a mandatory meal plan:
- The cost of the Summer Residence Meal Plan is determined by the number of days in a residence that requires a meal plan, multiplied by the daily meal plan rate of $23.85.
- Visit UBCO Food Services Meal Plan pageÂ for more information.
Rates in Canadian currency.
What is the minimum number of days for a Summer Housing contract?
Summer Housing contracts are provided for a minimum of 15 days.
How much will it cost?
Summer housing fees are calculated based on a daily rate. This rates for different room types can be found here.
Where do I apply?
All applications can be found online.
Will I be able to stay in the same room for Summer housing?
No, we require all students to move between terms due to the needs of our Housekeeping and Maintenance teams.
Will you be moving off campus by April 29th but want to come back for a summer term?
Please email us to let us know the date you would like to return to summer residence. Note that all your items will need to be moved off campus by 12:00 PM (noon) Saturday, April 29th.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about your situation and we would be happy to help!