For FAQs specific to COVID-19, visit this page here.
Living in a Single Connected Room
Starting in Fall 2021, UBCO is excited to be moving to an All Access Meal Plan (same as an All-You-Care-To-Eat meal plan), which is just what it sounds like! Students will have unlimited access to the Residence Dining Hall in Nechako, with no restrictions on how often you enter, or what you eat. Students in Lower/Upper Cascades and Monashee Place, as well as commuter students, are able to purchase a voluntary plan for added convenience and savings.
To learn more about Nechako, meal plans, where you can dine on campus, how to pay, and more, visit our Food Services page here.
There are two options, which are the same for both Mandatory and Optional Meal Plans:
- You do nothing and any leftover funds are automatically converted to a Carryover Plan. The Carryover Plan has no expiration date, and the funds can be used the same as Flex; at any dining location on campus, and at our off-campus partners.
- Request a refund. You will receive a refund for all of your remaining Flex, less a $25 administration fee. The refund is done once you have completed the refund form and checkout procedures. The form can be found here.
Carryover Plan funds are from unused meal plan funds from previous years. These are not refundable. However, the funds can be used at any dining location on campus and at our campus partners. There is no expiry date.
Your Convenience Plan has no expiration date and can be carried forward to future years. If you wish to refund your Convenience dollars you may do so minus a $25 administration fee.
- Know your mailing address
- All mail addressed to residences is delivered to the Nicola Housing Office. Couriers do not normally deliver to our office on weekends, holidays, or during university closures.
- Mail is accepted to the Nicola Housing Office Monday to Friday.
- Parcels and Letters are sorted and assigned a parcel number or letter number that is emailed to you on the day your parcel or letter arrives.
- If a parcel is delivered to our office for you, please wait for a parcel assignment number in your email and bring your picture ID and parcel number to the Nicola Housing Office to pick up your parcel.
All parcels are sorted by our mail staff, and once the parcel is assigned a parcel number, you will receive an email – just bring your picture ID and the parcel number to the Nicola Housing Office once you have received it.
No problem. As long as you have the correct postal code (V1V 1V8), your parcel will be delivered to our office. If you used the general university postal code (V1V 1V7), this may add an additional delay, or be returned to sender.
Please let us know and we will look it up for you.
Due to the overwhelming amount of mail our office receives in a day – we cannot hold any mail for students who no longer live on campus. You will need to contact the sender and have it redirected to your current address.
It is necessary that we have a mainstreamed process to avoid errors. Therefore, we cannot issue your parcel until it has been sorted, recorded, and a parcel number assigned.
Yes! All parcels that arrive at our office will be assigned a parcel number and emailed on the same day. Our office is open for pick up. For our office hours, head here.
All couriers will hold the parcels on the dates that the University is closed. Once we re-open in the New Year, all parcels will be delivered to our office and sorted and assigned. You are able to pick up your parcels when you return to campus after the break.
We cannot receive grocery orders to our office. If you plan to order groceries for delivery, please make arrangements for the driver to meet you at your residence building to retrieve your order.
All letter mail is assigned a letter number. Please follow the same process for parcels to pick it up.
Once you have moved out we ask that you redirect your mail with your new address.Â If you believe you will be receiving a parcel following moving out you can authorize another person to pick it up for you. Please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, your name and your student number.Â Â Any unclaimed mail will be returned to sender.Â Â
Yes, we will always look up students to ensure the mail is being delivered correctly.