- $50 non-refundable application fee required. Fee covers multiple applications submitted within a 14-day period, including applications to both Vancouver and Okanagan campuses.
- Separate residence applications required for UBC Vancouver and UBC Okanagan.
- All residence offers are sent by email, and include an expiry date to respond and pay a deposit. Failure to accept the offer and pay a deposit by the required deadline will result in cancellation.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee an offer will be made.
- Prospective undergraduates can submit a residence application after applying to UBC.
- Reserved for students with a current Residence Contract and who want to stay in residence over the summer.
- Begins at the end of the Winter Session (end of April) and ends in late August.
- Application deadline: April 1. Apply online.
- Reserved for eligible students who do not currently live in residence.
- Mid-May to mid-August.
- Applications received by April 1 will be given first consideration. Apply online.
Summer Fees and Summer FAQs
- Learn more by heading to this page here.
Winter Session Residence
Winter Session Residenceâ€”Prospective Students
Winter Session Residenceâ€”Returning Students
- Runs September to April.
- All applications are put into a computer system that randomly selects enough students to fill available spaces.
- Apply by Feb. 1 to qualify for the Residence Allocation Process (RAP).
Early Arrival – Winter Session
- Check eligibility before applying.
- Early arrivals may be placed in a different room than assigned for remainder of the Winter Session. These residents will be required to move on short notice (less than 24 hours).
- Early arrival fees may apply.