All residence offers are sent by email. Failure to accept the offer and pay a deposit by the required deadline will result in cancellation. Separate residence applications are required to live in residence at UBC Okanagan and UBC Vancouver.
Winter Session Residenceâ€”Prospective Students
Winter Session Residenceâ€”Returning Students
- Runs September to April.
- All applications are put into a computer system that randomly selects enough students to fill available spaces.
- Apply by February 1 to qualify for the Residence Allocation Process (RAP).
Summer Stay Through and Summer Residence
About Summer Stay Through:
- Begins at the end of Winter Session; ends in late August.
- Reserved for students who have a current Residence Contract and want to stay in residence over the summer.
About Summer Residence:
- Mid-May to mid-August.
- Reserved for eligible students who do not currently live in residence.
- Check eligibility before applying.
- Early arrivals may be placed in a different room than assigned for remainder of the Winter Session. These residents will be required to move on short notice (less than 24 hours).
- Early arrival fees may apply.