Moving to UBC Okanagan this fall? We look forward to welcoming you! We’ll keep you apprised of the move-in process by email, and via this page.
What to Expect
Move-in day is exciting – and busy! There’s a lot to do (and know ahead of time) as you prepare to make UBC Okanagan home! And we’re here every step of the way to make it as smooth a transition as possible!
Move-in time slots are now open! Sign up now by clickingÂ here, as time slots will be limited.Â
On Your Move-In Day
Step 2 – Arrive and Check in
See the map below for details on where to proceed once you’ve reached UBCO campus. GPS is also a great way for getting to UBC Okanagan.
- Plan your route to arrive at your move-in time!
- Only one vehicle and two helpers per student.
- Bring photo I.D.
Arriving by car
- Arrive at H Lot and follow the signs. You will be directed to park, then pick up your key and parking pass at the nearby key desk.
- Return to your car, and staff will direct you to line up according to your residence. You will be told when itâ€™s your turn to drive to your building.
- Follow the signs to your building (pink if you are moving to upper campus, yellow if you are moving to lower campus).
- Residence Advisors will be in the lobby to welcome you to your new home. You will have 15 minutes to park at your building and unload luggage. Please note that your driver has to stay with the vehicle. Don’t forget to charge your Salto key (charging stations will be located outside the main entrance to each building).
Arriving by taxi
- Arrive at H Lot and follow the signs to the taxi drop-off. Exit the taxi with your luggage and pick up your key at the nearby key desk.
- Staff will then direct you to wait for the Campus Shuttle, which will take you to your building.
- Residence Advisors will be in the lobby to welcome you to your new home. Don’t forget to charge your Salto key (charging stations will be located outside the main entrance to each building). Head to your unit to unpack. Welcome home!
Step 3 – Park, Recharge, and Get Settled
After your vehicle is unloaded, park it in a nearby long-term parking lot (we recommend lots E, G or R. H Lot is not available to park in). Parking on campus is complimentary on move-in weekend, just please try not to park near the entrance to residence buildings. Family members and friends are welcome to stay and help. Bring water and snacks, take a break, or visit one of the Food Service locations open on move-in day.
Need a long-term parking pass? Apply for wait list at UBC Parking.Â
Step 4 – Meet your Residence Community!
|3:45 – 4:30 pm||Meet Your Floormates!||Once you are settled into your room, head to your floor lounge to meet your floormates and RAs for an optional meet-and-greet.|
|4:30 – 5:30 pm||Residence Welcome & Orientation||Join us for a the Residence Welcome & Orientation at the UBCO Gym. We will go over important information to help you thrive while living on campus.|
|5:30 – 9:30 pmÂ||Dinner||Enjoy your choice of a full dinner service at Pritchard Dining Hall or a BBQ at Sunshine. Non-meal plan residents are welcome to join for the BBQ. Any students with dietary restrictions are encouraged to attend Pritchard.|
|7 – 9 pm||Welcome Evening||Join other resident students for games and ice breakers on the Commons Field by Nechako.|
- Jump Start and Early Arrival Students: As a result of the wildfires in Kelowna last week, we are unable to accommodate early arrivals prior to move-in day (September 3rd). We appreciate that there are exceptional situations that may require support. If this applies to you please reach out to us directly at email@example.com Â and we will be glad to work with you. We look forward to welcoming in early September.
- All other Residents: Your move-in day is Sunday Sept. 3. Please sign up for a move-in day time slot here!
Please see the previous question and answer.
You can now sign up for a move-in day time slot here! To space things out, each building has a limit to the number of student check-ins per time slot. Before signing up, make sure you know what building you are moving in to. You can double check that here. if you plan on arriving later than the last available time slot, just come directly to our student housing front desk in Nechako Residence – it’s open 24 hours a day!
Arriving outside your pre-determined time? No problem! Our office is open 24 hours a day.
Absolutely. The Housing Desk (located in Nechako Residence) is open 24/7.
Great question! We have more details about what to expect on your move-in day, including where to go, how to collect keys, and what the unpacking process will like like, all over here on this page.
Room assignments have been emailed. Check your inbox if you missed yours!
You can find the mailing address for your residence building here.
You may be eligible to switch or transfer rooms. Find out how to request a room switch or transfer before or after moving in.
We recommend searching for off-campus housing.
- Places4Students and Castanet are great resources, and if you’re hoping to be within walking distance to campus, you may want to start looking in the Academy Hill neighbourhood firsts.
- Next up: check out the UBC Okanagan Off-campus Housing Guide here. This is a step-by-step process designed to support your search for off-campus accommodation. There are some great links, resources, and tips on how to structure your search and how to avoid pitfalls.
- At the same time, you can contact the Off-campus Housing Ambassador directly. UBCOâ€™s Off-campus Housing Ambassador is in place to support newâ€“toâ€“campus students and help them in their transition to the Kelowna Community. You can book an appointment them directly atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, the Housing office is not able to receive any items sent for students prior to move-in day. If you are sending or ordering a package, please make sure that it arrives no sooner than your move-in day. Linen packages ordered through Campus Linens are accepted.
Sept. 3, 2023 Move-In Day Map
General Campus Map