Planning for the big day
Moving into residence takes preparation. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth move in experience for you and your new peers.
These are your move-in dates for Fall 2022:
- Summer residents: Aug. 20 & 21. An email was sent on Aug. 8, 2022 with information about moving into your Fall 2022 unit.
- Jump Start students: Aug. 27 & 28. You can move in starting Aug. 27 or any day onward. Keep in mind that if you move in after Aug. 28, you’ll miss some of the amazing Jump Start programming planned for you! For Jump Start questions you can email them at â€¯email@example.com .
- All other students: Sept. 4. *unless you are part of a program with pre-approved early arrival.
Some students with a Winter Session Residence Contract may be eligible to apply for early arrival (learn more about this process here), however applications for early arrival are now closed. These are your move-in dates for Fall 2o22:
- Summer residents: Aug. 20 & 21
- Jump Start students: Aug. 27 & 28
- All other students: Sept. 4
For Sept. 4 move-in students (ie. those without pre-approved early arrival), you can now sign up for a move-in time slot! Sign up here.
Arriving outside your pre-determined time? No problem! Our office is open 24 hours a day.
Absolutely. The Housing Desk (located in Nechako Residence) is open 24/7.
Great question! We have more details about what to expect on your move-in day, including where to go, how to collect keys, and what the unpacking process will like like, all over here on this page.
Room assignments were emailed on Aug. 16, 2022. Check your inbox, or head here.
You can find the mailing address for your residence building here.
You may be eligible to switch or transfer rooms. Find out how to request a room switch or transfer before or after moving in.
We recommend searching for off-campus housing.
- Places4Students and Castanet are great resources, and if you’re hoping to be within walking distance to campus, you may want to start looking in the Academy Hill neighbourhood firsts.
- Next up: check out the UBC Okanagan Off-campus Housing Guide here. This is a step-by-step process designed to support your search for off-campus accommodation. There are some great links, resources, and tips on how to structure your search and how to avoid pitfalls.
- At the same time, you can contact the Off-campus Housing Ambassador directly. UBCOâ€™s Off-campus Housing Ambassador is in place to support newâ€“toâ€“campus students and help them in their transition to the Kelowna Community. You can book an appointment them directly atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, the Housing office is not able to receive any items sent for students prior to move-in day. If you are sending or ordering a package, please make sure that it arrives no sooner than Sept 4th. Linen packages ordered through Campus Linens are accepted.