Planning for the big day
Moving into residence takes preparation. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth move in experience for you and your new peers.
- Jump Start and Early Arrival Students: As a result of the wildfires in Kelowna last week, we are unable to accommodate early arrivals prior to move-in day (September 3rd). We appreciate that there are exceptional situations that may require support. If this applies to you please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Â and we will be glad to work with you. We look forward to welcoming in early September.
- All other Residents: Your move-in day is Sunday Sept. 3. Please sign up for a move-in day time slot here!
Please see the previous question and answer.
You can now sign up for a move-in day time slot here! To space things out, each building has a limit to the number of student check-ins per time slot. Before signing up, make sure you know what building you are moving in to. You can double check that here. if you plan on arriving later than the last available time slot, just come directly to our student housing front desk in Nechako Residence – it’s open 24 hours a day!
Arriving outside your pre-determined time? No problem! Our office is open 24 hours a day.
Absolutely. The Housing Desk (located in Nechako Residence) is open 24/7.
Great question! We have more details about what to expect on your move-in day, including where to go, how to collect keys, and what the unpacking process will like like, all over here on this page.
Room assignments have been emailed. Check your inbox if you missed yours!
You can find the mailing address for your residence building here.
You may be eligible to switch or transfer rooms. Find out how to request a room switch or transfer before or after moving in.
We recommend searching for off-campus housing.
- Places4Students and Castanet are great resources, and if you’re hoping to be within walking distance to campus, you may want to start looking in the Academy Hill neighbourhood firsts.
- Next up: check out the UBC Okanagan Off-campus Housing Guide here. This is a step-by-step process designed to support your search for off-campus accommodation. There are some great links, resources, and tips on how to structure your search and how to avoid pitfalls.
- At the same time, you can contact the Off-campus Housing Ambassador directly. UBCOâ€™s Off-campus Housing Ambassador is in place to support newâ€“toâ€“campus students and help them in their transition to the Kelowna Community. You can book an appointment them directly atÂ email@example.com.
Unfortunately, the Housing office is not able to receive any items sent for students prior to move-in day. If you are sending or ordering a package, please make sure that it arrives no sooner than your move-in day. Linen packages ordered through Campus Linens are accepted.