Some UBC students who want to live in residenceâ€”new and returningâ€”will qualify for Priority Access and may indicate their eligibility on the application form.
(must meet ALL requirements)
- You are eligible to live in residence based on age and academic credit load.
- Your application to UBC and application for residence were received on time. First year students typically apply for residence during the admissions process.
- You must receive and accept UBCâ€™s offer of academic admission by June 1.
(must have ONE of the following)
- You are a newly admitted student who identifies as an Aboriginal person of Canada.
- You are a new student and have a disability or ongoing medical condition that significantly affects your housing needs. Students may indicate they are eligible on the residence application form, then must demonstrate eligibility by completing a separate application required by Access, Equity & Inclusion.
- You are participating in ONE of the following reciprocal university student exchange programs:
- Go Global
- Commerce MBA Exchange Program
- You are a newly admitted student who received an athletic scholarship, confirmed by UBC Athletics and Recreation.
- You are a newly admitted graduate student who received one of the following awards or fellowships: NSERC, MRC, SSHRC, Commonwealth, NHRDP, CIDA. Put the title of your award and your home institution on the comments section of the application. Submit supporting documents.
Please contact Student Housing and Hospitality Services or Access, Equity & Inclusion for more information.