Residents are required to vacate their rooms during the Winter Break period. Although your belongings may remain in the room, Salto keys will be deactivated. Details of the mandatory closure are in your Residence Contract.
Student Housing and Hospitality Services will consider residence staythroughs in exceptional circumstances. The following groups should submit an application:
- International students who are not planning to travel to their country of residence.
- International students who require accommodations due to complex travel arrangements.
- Graduate students who are required to stay on campus for the purpose of their studies.
- HEAT athletes who are required to attend practice.
- Those looking to avoid or are unable to travel due to Covid-19
All others are welcome to apply, but may not be approved.
Please note any “guarantee” can be revoked at the discretion of the Residence Life Manager.
Additional documentation may be requested.
- Flight Itinerary
- Letter from preceptor/coach/faculty
Documents must be submitted with the application by the required deadline.
What to expect if youâ€™re staying
Services on campus will be limited during this period. This includes fitness facilities, food services, and residence Front Desk hours. There will be fewer students in residence and fewer staff members available to support residents. Some members of the Residence Life will remain on campus. Campus Security is available 24 hours a day.