This requirement includes UBCO Student Housing residents arriving from outside of Canada, whether they are returning to campus or moving in for the first time.
Students moving into a shared unit (any space that shares a washroom and/or kitchen with another student) in a residence managed by UBCO Student Housing must self-isolate for 14 days in a different, private space before moving in to their shared unit space.
New! Students travelling to UBCO from outside Canada (hence required to self-isolate) have access to complimentary on-campus self-isolation packages (14 -days accommodation and food). Complimentary packages are available on a one-time only basis throughout the fall and until further notice. Charges apply if additional self-isolation packages are required.
There are also fee-based, off-campus self-isolation accommodation packages available to non-residence students, staff and faculty, in partnership with a local hotel. Note that some options include meals, while others do not.
On this page
- On-campus accommodation options
- Off-campus accommodation options
- How to access food during self-isolation
On-campus accommodation options
For students in housing.
Single Connected Room | UBCO | Complimentary for UBCO Students Travelling to Canada
Complimentary for one 14-night stay. Meals included.
Rate from September 6 onward: no additional housing charge beyond typicalÂ residence fees + meals included.
- Available on a one-time only basis. Charges apply if additional self-isolation packages are required.
- Available from the start of Term 1 onward, depending on your needs and travel plans.
- Self-isolation spaces will be in aÂ Single Connected Room whichÂ includes access to a bedroom and washroom. These spaces will be single-occupancy during your period of self-isolation.
- Food delivery will be available three times/day. Further instructions for ordering meals will be provided upon booking of a self-isolation space. Students will be able to use their purchased meal plan to pay for additional food and beverage items during self-isolation.
- No housekeeping services will be within the room during the stay. However, a garbage disposal process will be outlined for student use.
- While in self-isolation, it is important that you stay connected with campus. Residence Life and other campus supports will be available to you virtually during this period. More information on available resources will be provided to you in a self-isolation guide.
Off-campus accommodation options
For students, staff and faculty. Book directly with the hotel.
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton | Off-campus
Starting at $119.00 + tax a night for 14-night quarantine. Price includes meals.
- The Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport is the closest hotel to UBCO campus.
- This package includes accommodation, high-speed Internet access, complimentary transport from the airport to the hotel, free onsite parking, along with breakfast, lunch, and dinner delivered to the guestroom. More info here.
- Contact info: Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Kelowna Airport | 1665 Innovation Dr., Kelowna, BC V1V 2Y9 | (250) 765-9042 | External websiteÂ
Continued Stay After quarantine: $89+tax
How to access food during self-isolation
Four convenient ways to access food during your self-isolation (quarantine) period include:
UBCO Food Services
Students in isolation will be able to order meals for contactless delivery from UBCO Food Services. Payment can be made using meal plan or credit card. More information coming soon.
Select â€śKelownaâ€ť and â€śUBCOâ€ť when ordering. We recommend you order a week in advance of your preferred delivered date.
For more information about UBCO Student Housing response to COVID-19, visit our COVID-19 page.
We also understand this is a challenging time for many and we are here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more information.
Please check this page regularly for important updates. We also encourage you to stay up-to-date at www.ubc.ca where you will find FAQs with additional resources and information.