Eligibility to live in residence is generally based on two things: academic credit load and age requirements.
- Undergraduate students: you must be and remain registered in Winter Session for a minimum of 18 creditsâ€”9 credits in each of Term 1 and Term 2.
- Graduate students: the College of Graduate Studies must confirm your full-time status.
Winter Session Residences
You must meet the age requirement by December 31 of the year you move into residence.
|Cassiar, Kalamalka, Nicola, Purcell, Valhalla||None|
|Monashee Placeâ€”four bedroom||None|
|Monashee Placeâ€”studio, one bedroom||19 years|
Summer Stay Through
Summer Stay Through is available to students who have a Winter Session Residence Contract and would like to stay on campus for the summer. There is no minimum age and no application fee. Summer course registration is not required.
Summer Residence is reserved for students and visiting students who do not hold a current Residence Contract. Eligible students must belong to ONE of the following groups:
- Okanagan students registered in summer credit courses or in a graduate program.
- UBC Okanagan students employed in a research capacity (copy of appointment notice required).
- Full-time students from other universities performing research with a UBC Department (proof of sponsorship and student status required).
Early Arrival Residence
Students with a Winter Session Residence Contract may be eligible to arrive early. The following groups must apply online to be considered (proof of registration required):
- Early starting academic programs
Students registered in the following orientation programs are automatically granted early arrival to residence. Participation and arrival date must be confirmed to guarantee entry. Additional accommodation charges may apply.
- Jump Start Orientation participants
- Varsity athletes