Shout out to our Varsity Heat athletes for volunteering to help students move their belongings to their rooms!
Winter Session Move In
Everything you need to know for moving into residence.
Sunday,Â September 3, 2017
Who:Â All Students (new and returning)
Sunday, September 3rd Move In Day! – What’s going on?
|8:30 am – 12:00 pm||Move-In||All Residences||Arrive at your assigned time.
Last name starts with:
8:30 am A – D
9:15 am E – J
10:00 am K – O
10:45 am P – T
11:30 am U – Z
|1:30 pm||Â Parent Conference||Â Gym||Â Register here.
Parents, do not miss this!
|1:30 pm||Residents Floor Meeting||All Residences||MandatoryÂ for all residents.
No family or friends please.
Only eligible students can arrive early. An application may be required.
What to Expect
- Complete these checklists: Before you leave home andÂ what to pack.
- Label your belongings with your building and room number.
- Send a photo to email@example.com by August 25th so we can have your UBC Card ready for you. (Email subject should be “HOUSING, your full name, student number”.Â Photos must be in JPG format â€“ a head shot with clear view of face (no hats, sunglasses, silly faces) on a plain background.
- Parking permitsÂ – if youÂ will have a car on campus apply for parking. Â Residence parking permits go on sale August 14th.
- No charge for parking on September 3rd – Move In Day.
IMPORTANT:Â Your UBC Card is what you use to access your meal plan credit. Â It isÂ EXTREMELY important that you send your photo in prior to August 25th in order to have this ready for move in day.
Arrival on campus
- Plan your route and look for clearly marked campus road signs and volunteers to guide you. UBC’s Okanagan campus map.
- Arriving by personal vehicle – your first stop will be parking lot H.
- Arriving by taxi – a taxi/shuttle drop zone will be situated in parking lot H. UBC staff will shuttle students to their building from this point.
IMPORTANT: Due to heavy traffic and small turn around spaces, there may not be room for large trailers or boats and you may be asked to leave them in parking lot H.
- There will be designated drop zones at the front of each building. You will park in the unloading zone where volunteers will be there to assist you with unloading your vehicle and moving you items up to your new room. A HUGE thank you to our UBC varsity athletes for volunteering today!
- Once your vehicle is unloaded please move it to a long term parking lot.
IMPORTANT: Always have someone at your vehicle that has the ability to move it once unloaded.
- Once you arrive at the drop zone, have the resident go inside the building to check-in and pick up theÂ unit keys. Once you have the key please return to the vehicle to continue unloading.
- If you purchased a residence parking permit, you can pick it up from the Parking Services office.
IMPORTANT: Students will need photo ID to check-in and receive their room keys.
- It will be a long day. Bring some snacksÂ and drinks or grab something at nearby campus food outlets.
- There are 2 ATMâ€™s located on campus in the University Centre and the Administration building.
- On campus food services will accept debit, cash or meal plan (you must have your UBC CardÂ to use your meal plan)
- Remember this may be a hot day. If you have a family pet and need a place to leave them, check out Barkâ€™n Fly. They are close to campus and have a special Move-In day rate. For further information, please see the FAQ section of the Parent Conference page.
- Residents – prepare to meet your floor community at your mandatory floor meeting (1:30 pm).
- Family and friends – attend the Parent Conference (1:30 pm).
- Say goodbye to family and friends and prepare to meet your roommates, community and Residence Advisors
- Soccer Game Day! UBCO vs UVIC at 3:00 PM September 3rd at Nonis Sports Field. Go, Heat, go! Food services will be available at the sports field.
See you soon!