Ten Things to Do Before You Leave Home
- If you have a car, apply for parking.Â Resident parking permits may be available for purchase.
- Get renters insurance to protect your belongings. You may be covered under your family plan.
- Review important Residence Standards and be prepared to live by them.
- Apply for your UBCcard – New students can send a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email subject include “HOUSING”, your full name, and student ID number. Â Photos must be in JPG format – a head shot with clear view of face (no hats, sunglasses, silly faces) on a plain background. Photo must be received BEFORE August 26th in order for your UBC Card to be ready for move in.
- If you’d like to give others permission to contact the Housing Office on your behalf you can authorize the release of information.
- Explore ways to get involved in Residence LifeÂ and like us on Facebook to stay informed.
- Leave your residence mailing address with family and friends.
- Know what time youâ€™re supposed to arrive and other things to expect when moving in.